Friday, July 20, 2012

New Painting Available! "The Blue Barn"

I just listed a new Abstract Painting from my Roadside New England series. It's my new favorite painting to date. It's the kind of painting I've wanted to do for a long time. I've posted before about my ongoing obsession with abstract art. I always start off with the best of intentions, but I end up adding too many details, until finally I'm not sure it's fair to call it abstract anymore. I guess I'm just programmed to to include "stuff". But I'm working at it. It's a challenge I'm embracing in my art and in my life... minimalism. I would love to eventually create a piece with no recognizable objects at all, just focal points. But I do love these minimalist scenes as well. This painting really expresses my New England  and artistic heart.

"The Blue Barn"
18x24 on Gallery Wrapped Canvas
(Click Image for Details)

I've got another one in this series ready for listing, as well as a very detail filled, delightfully joyful mixed media piece :) I will post those both tomorrow.

Have a blessed weekend everyone!
~Linda

1 comment:

  1. This is a really pretty painting. I love the colors and different textures.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...