Tuesday, May 15, 2012

29 Faces... #15

Day 15:
Sketchbook exercise:
Stylized Gal:
Although I've never been driven to draw or paint realistic portraits, I do tend to get caught up in things being "even", "pretty", "more real"... etc. I've been trying to just have fun, and let the sketch evolve into whatever it's supposed to be. I wanted this gal to have different sized eyes, at different heights on her face. Ya. See what I mean? If this is my "crazy", I've got a lot of work to do... LOL
But, in all fairness, I also set an alarm to get her done fast. And this "is" what evolved, so I really can't complain.

I almost didn't post this gal. I guess it's not a piece I'm particularly "proud" of, if you know what I mean. But then I thought... it's what came from my heart, through my hands, and onto the sketchbook page. Is she less worthy than other gals I've sketched, just because she's not as pretty? How petty of me ;) Somehow she looked at me with an expression that said, "Great. I'm not even imperfect enough for you."

And when you get "that look" from your artwork, you just have to make up for your shallow attitude ;)

So, there she is... My less than imperfect, imperfect 3/4 profile.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...